Thursday, September 15, 2005

You're a really "up" person, you know?

You know, every so often "Bizarre Love Triangle" pops up on the random playlist of my mp3 player. And I just can't take it. I have to skip it. Though I am forcing myself to listen to it while I type this, I have lately found myself unable to cope with New Order. Maybe I overdosed on them. Probably around that time in '95 when I went through a phase where I had to listen to "Vanishing Point", like, at least three times every day.

It's too bad, really. I honestly like their music. Anyhoo, check out the movie 24 Hour Party People some time. It's a (sort of) documentary about the rise and fall of Factory Records. That's where Joy Division, and New Order, and the Happy Mondays came from.

2 comments:

Clark said...

I have only this to say about New Order:

Perfect Kiss.

That is all.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps it gets to a point where you here the same cruft so much, over and over, that you become numb to it and want to die. Sometimes I play all my music on random and need to hit next 100 times before I like what I hear. I suppose I have tired of my own music collection.