Tuesday, September 20, 2005

That's no moon...

On or around August 9, 2005 I weighed 342 pounds, which is just under my peak weight of ~345 pounds. I had been led to believe that an ice age was pending, and that I had better be prepared. What with recent advances in food storage technology, it now seems that bulking up will no longer confer a competitive advantage comparable to that of being leaner, more mobile, and able to rise from a seated position without getting winded.

Since then, I have been eating less, and exercising much, much more. Both cardio and weight training -- I assure you that, beneath the cascading rolls of fat, my guns have become truly astounding.

Today, I weigh 319 pounds (including the flip-flops I was wearing*).

I just thought I would share, to extend my circle of accountability.

So, expect regular updates.

* In the future, I will no longer reference the flip-flops that I wear when I weigh myself at the gym. Largely to help the reader avoid shocking mental images of me wearing nothing else, flexing and preening, and threatening to pump you, the reader, up.

P.S. It's not like I haven't tried this before, so hopefully my very public boastful tone will inspire me to keep walking that walk that I am talking so much talk of.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was riding my bike alot this summer. Probably 10-20 miles a day for 4 days a week. The key word there is was. It's so hard to keep up. I either had to wake up before work, or find time after work. Time is precious. Sigh...

Clark said...

Go get it, man. You're doing great.